عنوان مقاله [English]
Properties of asphalt mixture change with time. These changes directly affect operation of the asphalt mixture. This issue makes the road maintenance important. One of the methods of road maintenance for preventing deeper problems is using rejuvenator materials in improving the rheological and mechanical properties of the aged tar; thus, the pavement will not contront different cracks and future failures will be prevented. The main purpose of this study was to prove the effect of rejuvenator materials on asphalt mixture ageing, specialy in field cases and in situ application. Four compounds were made as rejuvenator and were sprayed over the pavement. After removing a 1.5 cm layer from top of the sample, the corresponding tar was extracted and DSR, penetration value and softening point tests, before and after applying the rejuvenator materials, were carried out. Since the friction of rejuvenated surface is an important issue for road specialists, British pendulum test was also performed in order to make sure about friction of pavement surface for reopening. Results showed that in penetration value, DSR and softening point tests, all of the 4 compounds rehabiliated the properties of asphalt mixture and their differences were not significant. Results of British pendulum test showed proper performance of the rejuvenating materials, for surface friction of the pavement, after being applied.
تقوی, م.، حسامی، س. و حسامی، ا. ۱۳۹۵. "مروری بر پیرشدگی در مخلوطهای آسفالتی، عوامل مؤثر بر آن و مدلهای شبیهسازی آن در شرایط مختلف". همایش ملی پژوهشهای کاربردی در افقهای نوین عمران و معماری، دانشگاه آزاد اسلامی واحد بوشهر.
2. Allen, R.G., Little, D.N. and Bhasin, A. 2012. “Structural characterization of micromechanical properties in asphalt using atomic force microscopy”. J. Mater. Civ. Eng., 24(10): 1317-1327.
3. Asli, H., Ahmadinia, E., Zargar, M. and Karim, M.R. 2012. “Investigation on physical properties of waste cooking oil-rejuvenated bitumen binder”. Constr. Build. Mater., 37: 398-405.
4. Blomberg, T., Makowska, M. and Pellinen, T. 2016. “Laboratory simulation of bitumen aging and rejuvenation to mimic multiple cycles of reuse”. Transport. Res. Proc., 14: 694-703.
5. Boyer, R.E. and Engineer, P.S.D. 2000. “Asphalt rejuvenators “fact, or fable”. Transportation Systems 2000 (TS2K) Workshop, San Antonio, Texas, Feb. 28-Mar. 3.
6. Burningham, S. and Stankevich, N. 2005. “Why road maintenance is important and how to get it done”. Transport Notes Series No. TRN 4, Washington, DC.
7. Cong, P., Hao, H., Zhang, Y., Luo, W. and Yao, D. 2016. “Investigation of diffusion of rejuvenator in aged asphalt”. Int. J. Pavement Res. Technol., 9(4): 280-288.
8. Fernández-Gomez, W. D., Rondón, H. and Fredy, R.L. 2013. “A review of asphalt and asphalt mixture aging”. Rev. Ingeniería e Investigación, 33(1): 5-12.
9. García, Á., Schlangen, E. and Van de Ven, M. 2011. “Properties of capsules containing rejuvenators for their use in asphalt concrete”. Fuel, 90(2): 583-591.
10. Grilli, A., Gnisci, M.I. and Bocci, M. 2017. “Effect of ageing process on bitumen and rejuvenated bitumen”. Constr. Build. Mater., 136: 474-481.
11. Johansson, L.S. 1998. “Bitumen ageing and hydrated lime”. Doctoral Thesis, Institutionen för Infrastruktur Och Samhällsplanering.
12. Lee, J., Li, S., Kim, Y. and Lee, J. 2013. “Effectiveness of asphalt rejuvenator”. J. Test. Eval., 41(3): 433-440.
13. Lu, X. and Isacsson, U. 2002. “Effect of ageing on bitumen chemistry and rheology”. Constr. Build. Mater., 16(1): 15-22.
14. Ongel, A. and Hugener, M. 2015. “Impact of rejuvenators on aging properties of bitumen”. Constr. Build. Mater., 94: 467-474.
15. Poulikakos, L.D., Hofko, B., Porot, L., Lu, X., Fischer, H. and Kringos, N. 2016. “Impact of temperature on short-and long-term aging of asphalt binders”. RILEM Tech. Lett., 1: 6-9.
16. Siddiqui, M.N. and Ali, M.F. 1999. “Studies on the aging behavior of the Arabian asphalts”. Fuel, 78(9): 1005-1015.
17. Transport and Road Research Laboratory HMSO. 1969. “Instructions for using the portable skid resistance tester”. Road Note 27.
18. Woo, W., Chowdhury, A. and Glover, C. 2008. “Field aging of unmodified asphalt binder in three Texas long-term performance pavements”. Transport. Res. Record: J. Transport. Res. Board, 2051: 15-22.
19. World Road Association (PIARC). 2014. “The importance of road maintenance”. Report 2014R02EN.